Urea–Formaldehyde (UF) Resins are the most important type of adhesive resins for the production of wood based panels. They convince by their high reactivity and good performance in the production and by their low price, however they lack in water resistance of the hardened resin owing to the reversibility of the aminomethylene link and hence the susceptibility to hydrolysis.
This need can be overcome by introducing other components like melamine to the UF resin molecules. The former problem of subsequent formaldehyde emission can be considered as solved owing to the decrease of the content of formaldehyde in the resins during the last two decades. Modern laboratory test methods enable a deep insight into the chemical structure and the gelling and hardening behaviour of the resins.
The urea-formaldehyde (UF) resin production line that made by JCT company, is designed after discussion and research with much experienced urea-formaldehyde (UF) resin technical engineers. Its high efficiency in production, lower to cost, can meet semi-automatic and full-automatic control according to different customer’s needs.
Production line equipment configuration:
Base material tank, measuring tank, reactor, condenser, gathering tank, finished products tank, filter, filling machine, steam boiler, water cooling system, vacuum system, material pump, etc.
Production Steps: Preparation of raw materials→ mixing and dissolve→ addition reaction→ condensation polymerization→ vacuum and dehydration→ cooling and discharging.
1) The preparation of all kinds of raw materials should be according to UF resin technical formula;
2) Firstly add formaldehyde and other solvents into reactor to adjust PH value;
3) Add Urea and stir until it dissolve completely;
4) Heat up to required temperature of the kettle, then reflux for condensation.
5) Add acid to adjust PH value, and make condensation polymerization;
6) After the condensation polymerization is finished, adjust PH value to neutral, and then start vacuum system for dehydration.
7) Add the remaining urea, stirring and mixing;
8) Take some samples for testing, if meets product requirements, cool down the temperature, delivery to finished product tank, and then discharge out materials for packaging.
Production line specifications:
500L --50000L Urea-formaldehyde (UF) resin production line;
If you want to learn more about , please contact JCT Machinery: